ShareFile is a filesharing solution powered by Citrix. A real alternative to Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive, the solution can be hosted either in the KissLabs datacenter in Switzerland or directly on premises by integrating perfectly with existing infrastructures.
The “Reporting” function allows you to apply a corporate policy in the file access management. Simple indicators can help you in your decision, in particular by preparing activity reports.
Several types of reports are available:
If we go in more detail on the 1st item “Usage”, or get statistics of use of the platform. You can make your request according to different criteria:
This report allows you to determine, over a given period of time, the activities concerning a file or a folder and for example, to answer the following questions:
- Which user logged to the platform? At what time ?
- Has the folder or file been downloaded? Modified? Checked-in? Checked-out?
- Which user made changes to the folder or file in question?
The “Reporting” function offers the following advantages:
- With the rise of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), employees are increasingly using their personal devices to work (Laptops, tablets, mobiles). The “Reporting” function allows you to have a control over the data and to ensure a permeability between personal data and company data.
- Answer simple questions about data access : Where is stored the data? How do we access this data? Which user has access to this data?
- Operations performed by the administrator are listed in a non-erasable log file, allowing tracking and early detection of abnormal activity on the platform.
Contact us for more information !